#HealthyFriends Healthy Friends! Can I tell you that you are killing your vegetables? Don’t Kill your vegetables! They should be bright! Yeeeeeees I know we love them stewed down string beans and them good collard greens seasoned with the smoked neck bone or turkey wings but can I tell you, they have no nutritional value at all. I know, I know…very disappointing. But here are some ways you can prepare your veggies without killing them and their taste:
- STEAMING cooks vegetables without submersing them in water, so they are more likely to retain vitamins and minerals. This method requires no use of oil. The best vegetables for steaming include broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, green beans, leafy greens like spinach, and other relatively tender vegetables. Add aromatic herbs to the mix to enhance flavors.
- GRILLING can add a tremendous amount of flavor to any product. Grilling locks in flavor and caramelizes the surface of vegetables, giving them a crispy sweetness. Romaine lettuce can go on the grill too!
- SAUTEING is a quick and easy way to cook vegetables with minimal amount of oil. Sautéed vegetables retain their vitamins and minerals, as well as taste and color.
- STIR-FRYING is a technique similar to sautéing. The main differences are the higher temperature and constant movement of the product inside the wok to prevent from burning.
- ROASTING vegetables such as asparagus, squash, or onions is as easy as putting them on a baking sheet, drizzling them with a little olive oil, and placing them in a 400-degree oven for 15-20 minutes. Roasting helps to preserve not only vitamins and minerals, but also flavors.
Alright Alright here’s to your future bright and nutritious vegetables!
LOVE YOU WITH THE LOVE OF THE LORD JESUS AND THERE AIN’T NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT! TTYL and DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE, REPOST, COMMENT AND SHARE!
Be sure to Join the ROWFIT35 Facebook Group For More Updates
© 2016 Rhenotha Whitaker Full Figured Fabulous & On The Way To Fit